Thursday, 29 April 2010

Learning and Progress

Hi there again. Well I have been so busy lately that my camera and my blog have been almost totally neglected. I am gutted as I love both(even though the camera isn't technically mine it was a Birthday gift for the fella). I have tried to catch up but have missed out on showing you all a lot of what I have been up to.
So firstly before I begin talking about my latest crochet projects I would like to share with you some of the wonderful beauties that live in the trees not too far away. We couldn't get a fantastic shot as they rarely fly too close and we unfortunately do not own a dslr something which is first on our list after our wedding is done and dusted!


I know they are very poor shots but these fabulous birds are Buzzards. I am no ornithologist so I am not up on which type they are, all I know is that they are so spectacular to watch and when they grace the skies above me with their presence I have to stop and take in every breath taking minute of their aerial dance. Every year you see the families grow, they learn to fly and away they go until the next year. This site can tell you a little more about them.

So on to crochet and I have been very, very busy. I may have mentioned before how my yarn stash is ever growing never decreasing so with the help of my many new books(I am so in love with it I have to get my hands on as many helpful books as possible)

I have loaned 1 or 2 out but you get the idea that I am very eager to learn all I can, the problem with this wealth of helpful knowledge at my fingertips is that I want to run before I can walk and am so impatient I wish I had 8 hands to do it all with. I have been trying my hand at some flowers here is 1 example

I have also been making progress on the girly blanket for my Niece and it looks like it will be an April ta dah too which is simply fab and after this is complete(I have a plan for this evening...) I plan on getting some more squares done for the fabulous SIBOL campaign. So here is my girly blanket so far...



So that is part of what is keeping me so busy lately...that and cake sales(forgot camera!), children, pets, school runs, housework...YAWN! Boring myself there!!! I am working on a new blue ripple blanket for my own bug as I loved working on the other so much and had a bit of the yarn left. I also have begun to think about knitted characters as my children are absolutely obsessed with Harry Hill and they have been pleading with me to make them one of their own so thanks to my friend I have loaned a pattern and should be able to fix one up(or 2! Would only only be fair one each hehe!) So I had better hop off here and get busy...Hope you are all busy but happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, I am a beginner so still learning but loving it x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)