Friday, 2 April 2010

The Oats and Raisin Cookie Journey...


I love to bake and one of the things I love to do is go to the pantry grab ingredients throw them together and make something totally yummy.
This is the oats and raisin cookie, and one of the things I love about it is that no matter how I make it, it always comes out delicious. I am going to take you through it's short but scrummy story and maybe when you see how simple it really is you will jump up from your seat and go bake some scrummy goodness for yourself mmmmmmm...spreading the cookie love.

In the bowl are the following ingredients and please believe me when I tell you I weighed NOTHING! I was far too impatient and eager for that...(preheat oven at a mid temp I use gas mark 5 and grease a baking tray)

Plain flour
Butter(which I mixed with the flour to make a crumbly mix) If you want to weigh then a good measurement is half fat to flour. Example:: 8oz flour= 4oz butter(or marg)
Rolled oats(porridge oats) I used about 2-3 large handfuls
Soft brown sugar(approx 3oz) for even cookier flavour light muscovado is yummy!
mixed spice, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon(this is total preference, I like lots and lots)
Raisins, I used what fell out of the bag but 2-3 large handfuls is plenty,
and finally a great huge dollop of golden syrup(this will bind it together)

When everything is all mixed up together you can mold them and place them onto a baking tray and place in the oven(if you make lots of mixture you may need to do this several times)


After around 10 min the cookies will still be pale(the paler the cookie the softer they are) I like mine a little brown around the edges as I love to dunk in tea, take them out of oven and place on cooling rack.


If like me your patience is none existent when it comes to yummy treats then eating them warm is fine...


And then there you have it, a barrel full of biscuits and a belly full of smiles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)