Monday, 17 May 2010

New Fabric...

Oh I can tell already that the fabric buying is going to get as bad as the yarn buying if not worse... how can it not be with all the stunning fabrics out there and especially when I have discovered a wonderful fabric and quilting shop in one of our local heritage parks. It so happened that this weekend we went on a family excursion to this park and my Father and I had a look around. My father fell in love with this quilt and I can't say I blame him.

All the quilts they had up for display are absolutely stunning and something I would love to be able to achieve one day. Whilst I was there of course I simply had to treat myself to some of the wonderful fabric, but being sensible I remembered that I am just learning so will be making small things first to get the hang of it all so this I felt was a great buy...


(Sorry about the images I had to use my phone!) It is called a jelly roll, which I think is a fabulous name. This one is the Botany collection by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda. Their website is here and their blog here. I also bought some gorgeous FQ's from there. I am going to have a lot of fun I can tell.
Hope you all had a fab weekend xxxx

2 comments:

  1. There's a great quilting book called Jelly Rolls and Layer Cakes which has some great quilt patterns esp designed for using Jelly Rolls and Layer cakes - very easy to follow to! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh lovely fabric and you can feel very sensible buying a jelly roll as they are such good value. Can't wait to see what you make.
    Don't feel too guilty for buying, you are making your house a home and making yourself more content, very important for the rest of your family, don't you think? That's the excuse I always use and I stand by it 100%
    xx
    p.s buttons aaahhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)