Monday, 5 July 2010

And Relax...

Phew I am so glad it is the 5th July because that means the 4th has past and we can relax for a few weeks(well relax as much as it's possible with a wedding 6 weeks away!) I have been away for so long because with the kiosk getting up and running and wedding, kids, fund raising and general family life it has been near impossible to get 5 minutes to myself.

Yesterday was our kids Taekwondo presentation day. It went really well despite being left to just 4 of us right at the end, but it was a learning curve and we know most of the areas we need to improve on. It is a shame that not everyone helped like they said they would but hey ho the Children had a blast and in the end that is all that matters.

This is the kids instructor showing us all a little of what she can do(notice the bunting in the background??? My first attempt at it)the kids gave a little demo of what they can do also which was really fun to watch.
I had a lot of problems with my sewing machine trying to do the bunting. It wasn't all the ol' gals fault, I am just as much to blame as I am a complete novice when it comes to sewing and do not possess the knowledge or instructions to solve problems alone, we got there in the end but by the time the end came it was very late and so I only had an hour to spend on this...

The characters were so much better but 1hr before we had to leave my little bug found the cake!!! So little characters nearly became baby food but I managed to rescue them just in time!
So there it is some of the reason why I haven't been around. I have lots to share and I am really hoping to get some free time soon to dedicate to this, I am really missing taking photos of pretty things. Take care see you soon xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, well done with the bunting.I would love to be able to pop over and help you sort out your machine.My old singer is v.tempramental,but we have been together so long I know all her tricks !!
    Your cake is amazing,I am in awe.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you are so busy Mrs!
    Hope it all calms down a little for you.
    Loving the cake!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back Emma. Gosh...I thought I was busy! You really do make me look like a lady of leisure!! The Kiosk sounds like such a fun (and worthwhile) thing to do. Did you make that cake yourself?? I am in awe along with Jacquie, quite speechless indeed...I would love to have such a talent. axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your bunting and cake! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)