Friday, 24 September 2010

Fave Books

So Beki Marie tagged me to share with you my favourite books past and present. Well! Anyone that knows me knows this is no easy feat. I am terrible at deciding anything and I always struggle with this one as I feel that there are so many that once I have started I remember more and more and the list becomes endless. So this time I have thought long and hard and made a list which I am sticking to...for now!
I love Janet and Allan Ahlberg books and a fave to read to my little bug is Peepo but Burglar Bill is what my Grandma read to us when we were little ans I love it.

The first book I read in my mind lol. I love Roald Dahl and the clever Mr Fox is one of my all time favourites.


I really did enjoy Enid Blyton as a child and my favourite were the wishing chair tales, oh how I use to wish I had a wishing chair.
Now on to books I love now that I am all grown up *cough*

Maureen Lee has to be one of my all time favourite authors. I discovered her work one rainy afternoon when I picked up the least grannyish looking book from the pile. I was hooked and have a huge collection of her work.
This is a fantastic book, not for the weak hearted it really touches a nerve. A very sad story but also very horrific. Again Another lady whose work I love.

 Oh how I love this book, I love everything about it starting with the cover and the title. I fell in love with this book the moment I laid eyes on it and the story it tells is better than wonderful. I use to write a lot of reviews on amazon and this review takes me back to when I first clapped eyes on it.

I got this a long while before it became the amazing film it is now. I had to buy a second copy when my husband started reading it as I needed to read it again and again. The thought of this story fills my heart with love and my arms with goosebumps...and the film fills me with secret desire for the delectable Eric Bana!

I read these books for years, totally mesmerized by the story of the detective Alex cross. Very gripping reads, I still love to pick one out and spend a few hours reading.

And last but by no means least...
 Yes I am a grown up Harry Potter fan. I LOVE these books. I was very slow getting into them, in fact the second film was out(and I had refused to go to see either) before I picked up the first book, but since then I haven't put them down. I have shared every moment of Harrys adventure and was very upset when I finished the last book.

So that is my reading list. Like Beki I will tag a few of you to share yours if you want to xxx

Pene
BunnyMummy
Andie
Clara
Ruth-Marie

Now to leave you with something delicious...because I like to share ;)

2 comments:

  1. oooh - now I have to go and find out some fave books! Nice photo too (but a pic of Mr Jackman would REALLY have made my day!) xxxx

    Hope your back is feeling better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, okay, I'll get my list ready for my next post. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)