Monday, 27 September 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY xxx

Happy Birthday to my wonderful, new husband. He turned 27 today so for the next 3 months we are the same age hehe! Unfortunately I am sat here alone this evening because he has to work :( sometimes it really sucks being the wife of a chef! I never get cooked for(because he has enough of that in work!) and I never see him. It isn't even as if he is doing something that is crucial and important to the well being of the population like the emergency services he is simply feeding people. Whilst I am here in this very unexpected rant I will also say that being the wife of a chef has led me to dislike(strongly) people who go out to eat on Christmas day! WHY??? Even if you can't cook there are plenty of places that will cook it for you so all you have to do is heat it up. Restaurants and Pubs open on Christmas because they can charge EXTORTIONATE amounts of money for very little effort because they know people will pay, so because of this chefs need to cook. My husband should be cooking for his family on Christmas day not theirs :(

Sorry about that, don't know where that came from. I think it is because it is yet another celebration when we are not together. So anyway on to my wonderful fellas Birthday. Because he is working tonight and wouldn't see the children today much because of school we decided to open gifts last night(we like it to be a time consuming family event). So after bath time was over we jumped on the bed and Daddy opened his presents...
Now Bug has the knack of opening presents he likes to 'help' everyone with theirs, and by the look of the next pic it isn't just un-wrapping he wants to help with...


My husband loves biscuits and chocolate so every year on his Birthday I indulge his childish side and get him his favourites ;)
I didn't get a picture of him with the snow balls because as soon as he saw a glimpse under the wrapping he put them away, so the children did not see("I am NOT sharing those") were his words! If you can see in the pic Bug was getting his hands on EVERYTHING!!!

When I first bought Hubby his first CK mug(cowboy print) he was not enthused and wanted no part in 'girlifying' the home, but on our wedding night whilst we were away someone staying in our home chipped said mug and hubby was quite upset about it, so of course I HAD to go to my local CK stockist and make up for it ;)

So that was it...or so he thought. He knew he was getting a tattoo out of Emma's funds but as for pressies he was done. Well as it turns out his x-box died on Saturday night...He was devastated, you see I have many, MANY obsessions and hobbies, collections, impulsive spending sprees and he is always deliberately ignorant to this, he on the other hand has work, home and x-box. Now I am in no way an x-box widow but when I am busily crocheting, knitting, sewing, reading and generally doing what I want he spends a few hours absorbed in some fantasy game about demons, assassins, soldiers etc so when this one outlet died he was so very, very sad. Being the wonderful wife I am I had to turn his frown upside down and so I with a small weight in my heart(I have been trying so hard to keep some money in my bank account) rushed out at 3.30pm yesterday(whilst he was still in work) and purchased this...
...and it was totally worth it :)

I love you dear Husband, you are to me everything I need. I am never alone, I am never left to worry, I am not a Mother without support, I am never left to grin and bare it, I am never short of someone to laugh at ;) You make everyday an adventure and everyday a chore, but I hope never to be without you whether you are good, bad or a total bore. Thank you for being you and helping me everyday to be me :)

Anyway sorry if this post has really bored you or got you reaching for your buckets lol. I will be back soon enough with some of this...
Hope you all had a great weekend
Emma xxx

P.S I also didn't get pictures of the 2 pairs of wrist warmers I crocheted for Mr P. He loves them as he cycles and he has been hampering after some since the weather started to turn, and of course I wasn't going to buy any!

11 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about people eating out at christmas it is so selfish. Having spent 20yrs in hospitality management I rarely got to spend more than a few hours with my kids christmas day. Christmas is about families and that means staying at home!! Okay thats my rant over too. Happy birthday to your hubby
    Pene x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a boring post at all! What a shame you couldn't spend the day together. My sister's boyfriend is a chef and so they often don't see each other much, I can understand what it's like!

    Happy Birthday to your Mr P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubby....you've made me feel guilty now! Being married for 43 years I am quite frankly fed up with cooking Christmas dinner, which all my family adore and have been pleading for years to be taken out instead! Oops sorry......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post Emma. Happy birthday to Mr Emma! My Mr has his XBox too for when I'm crafting or watching stuff he hates. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post Emma! Happy Birthday Hubby, don't eat all the biccies at once!

    I think it's REALLY sad that people go out and eat a Christmas Dinner. I'm with you on that...and as ffor the whole men's gaming thing....my husband is a Farmville addict. Really silly, and I just don't get it, but, it allows me to indulge in guilt free crafting, so who am I to complain! he he!

    Have a fab day! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Mr P had a good birthday, lucky him getting a new xbox.
    I used to work in hospitatlity management and was a cook so totally get your rant. In fact it is usually about now I start the same rant. My OH is a bar manager so the same for going to pub on xmas evening. WHY? Grrr.
    Can't wait to see pics of wristwarmers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma!! How lovely to meet my new PENPAL - I am so excited!!! Thank you for popping by my blog and saying hi - how fab that we share a lovde of bears (and I expect we will discover, lots of other things too!). I loved your post about your hubby's birthday - looks as though he had a wonderful time! So, will email you my address and I guess here we go!!! Shall I write first - or you?!!! xxx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your hubby. He looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha - you are such a cool wife buying him that! Now you have more time to crochet!! hehe

    My hubby also loves biscuits and chocs for his birthday... and loves computer games.

    Totally get you on the chef thing and people going out to eat on Christmas day - should be compulsory that the chefs get to stay home with their family!!

    The wrist warmers sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your husband. Welcome to the 27 club, although I'm only 27 until Dec!
    My best friend's OH is a chef and I understand what you mean about the times they work and Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you not the lovliest wife in the world? My Hubby wants a PS3 and the best I could do is offer to get everyone to chip in cash for his birthday (in two weeks) and for Christmas so he can get one. I don't have my own cash or bank account, one wage and all that....shame your Mr P had to work on his special day and people say how cool it would be to marry a chef.
    x
    p.s I am in total agreement about snowballs! Not for sharing! No, no, no!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)