Monday, 11 October 2010

Crochet lovelies :)

So I know I have already put a quick post on today but I thought I would post this one as I have been very busy today and I just could not wait to share with you lovely blogging friends as I know you will understand my giddiness at getting a project started and finished on the same day.

First though I want to show you something I think is totally gorgeous and right up our crocheting street. After going for lunch yesterday the hubby and I were walking through town when something caught my eye in the window of Monsoon. Luckily I had a camera to hand and I had to take a pic right then!

Can you see? It is a granny stripe scarf!!! I have already started my own using this yarn but I think I am going to have to hunt for a similar yarn to that on the picture so if any of you know where I can get some. I know this scarf is for a girl but I too love the colours.

Now on to why I am blogging again this evening. Well as many of you kind and lovely people know I am creating items to sell on a Christmas charity stall and after seeing some ideas on the web I decided to create this


It is a hot water bottle cover. I am sorry the photo isn't the best but it is dark, I just couldn't wait to take it. I still have to sew on the felt parts but other than that it has been a one day project(well best to make use of the husband as he is not in work!)
I plan on making a couple more to put on the stall and I hope people love them as much as me :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,Love that snowman, what a great idea. The scarf is lovely too.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma! That scarf is really pretty, and I LOVE how your Snowman hot-water bottle cover came out! Nice work!! Have a good night! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Snowman is cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute alright! That scarf is too cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hot water bottle cover is very cute! And I bet that scarf costs a fortune - so cool that you can make your own for a lot less and a lot more fun!
    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scarf is very pretty. I would love to make a granny stripe out of the colors and yarn.

    Mr. Snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scarf is great - bet Monsoon is charging a FORTUNE for it though which is the thing that makes me cross when I know it cen certainly be made for less than what they are charging. The hot water bottle cover is a GREAT idea! A rudolph one with great big antlers would look fab! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma,

    I have just found you through Tilly Rose :-)

    I love crochet too! (and I LOVE monsoon... oh how it would be nice to afford everything from there... lol)

    The snowman is really cute :-)

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooove your scarf! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)