Monday, 15 November 2010

Exciting Weekend

Hello all my lovely followers and those of you who just pop by from time to time. Well I hope you all had a great weekend and the weather wasn't too bad wherever you are. I had a really eventful weekend a much more exciting one than I had planned. 
Firstly I want to say a big THANK YOU to Felt like Stitchin for the wonderful donation she made to our Christmas stall. A few days before the sale a lovely parcel arrived on the doorstep(thank you once again Mr Postman)

 Aren't they adorable? Little Didi dolls that I know they are sold on her site and they are absolutely gorgeous up close the detail is fantastic.
 I wanted this one for myself as you can imagine but it was snapped up toot sweet!

As was this little monster...well who could resist really?

I also received another wonderful parcel from Jenny at Winnibriggshouse. Jenny had already sent me a huge amount of goodies so imagine my thrill and astonishment when this little lot arrived
More gorgeous hearts! I have to admit quite a bit of my own money went into different stalls at the fair(especially the bottle stall!) In fact my purse was completely empty at the end of the day, and I must admit a bit went into my own till! I bought several of these hearts as they look absolutely stunning on the tree. I also bought one of the bags Jenny made. They were terrifically popular. If you contact Jenny she can make allsorts and the bucket bags make fab Christmas Presents(we sold them as small yarn bags for the side of the arm-chair)

So on to the Fayre you have all heard me waffle on and on about for weeks now. It was a fantastic day. The event(a few of us felt) could have been better organised and there were a lot of things that could have been added to make it a much more Chrismassy event. Music would have been good and some extra planning for Santas Grotto. Luckily we have put our names down to organise next years Bazaar(we are putting our money where our mouths are!) Which should be brilliant if we spend enough time plotting and planning. 
Our stall was one of the best(that is fact) unfortunately we were under strict orders about the pricing(something else that will change next year) so a lot of what we sold made about half of what it could have but it all went to a good cause and I think the unofficial total for the afternoon was £850. Which considering it was only on 3 hours is pretty good.


 Before the tree arrived hehe!


 This is Carina, she is a close friend of mine and part of the communities sub committee and Vice Chair of the Community Association.
 The 3 Amigos. You may recognise my friend Ceri from her blog
Always in the Christmas mood am I hehe!

We had a ball at the Fayre and I must say I am receiving so many orders that I am having to have a schedule! All very daunting really but I am enjoying it which is the most important part. I really don't want to stop loving my hobbies or feel like they are a chore. I am a little relived that the Bazaar is over as now I can concentrate on getting orders out and then on MY families Christmas. I am desperate to get started on some lovely things for my home and children. I have made bug and biggest a hat so I am not neglecting them totally...here is bug with his lovely new hat...
He is sooo cute(especially in his gorgeous brimmed beanie ;)

Anyway when all the excitement of the Bazaar was over and I was sat on my sofa, feet up, crochet in hand X-Factor on the box(I had actually remembered to turn the t.v on for once) the phone rang. It was my Dad informing me that my Step-Mum had given birth to my new baby Brother in the early hours of Friday morning!!! A week early!!! All I thought was Damn! I haven't even started his blanket(oh the mind of the ardent crocheter) I was totally excited though, a little annoyed that my Father hadn't rang me in the early hours to come and take care of my other siblings so he could be at the birth of his son but that was neither here nor there now!
I immediately went into Big Sister, Eldest Daughter mode(I am my Fathers eldest but have 2 older half Sisters from my Mum) I arranged to visit the next day and cook for them and my Grandmother and Great Aunt who were driving down to see the little man so I rummaged through the freezer to find enough meat to serve everyone and then tried to make a blanket overnight. It didn't work. I got about a third of the way through before I could deny sleep no longer. So I made a baby hat instead from a cotton blend yarn. 
May I introduce you to Thomas Elliot Stewart

Isn't he a doll? Can't wait to get his blanket finished and see him all snuggled up in it. You may notice also the crochet in the picture. The lap blanket was a gift from me to my Great Aunt she is on Dialysis 3 times a week and she gets a little nippy in the hospital. My Dads house is full of granny blankets, honestly it is like the Dingles in there lmao!

So there you have it my very exciting weekend...what a long post today. I doubt there will be many of you who manage to read it all lol! Oh and I just remembered I never told you about Chess...hmmmm that is something I don't want to think about. In other news I am off to Manchester tomorrow. My Brother has bought me a ticket to see the Rocky Horror Show. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I cannot wait.

Big Hugs 
Emma xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I really enjoyed reading your post. Wow, what an eventful few days! Huge congratulations on the birth of your baby brother Thomas - he is adorable. The pics of the craft fair look fab too with lots of lovely fabrics and woolly things! :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your baby brother!!! So cute - and loving the brimmed beanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma
    First of all congratulations to you all on the birth of Thomas. I can see he won't want for cuddles (or new hats).
    Thank you for the lovely comments about the bags and hearts. I was very glad to be able to send them and even happier that they sold. Well there's no stopping you now...watch out next year!...and you know where I am if you want more 'stuff'
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow , your stall looked great :0)
    Glad the fair went well , looks like you had fun. Great thet you agreed to organise it next year, bet it will be even better !
    Congratulations on the birth of your little brother , he's so cute .
    Have fun doing "the time warp" :0)
    Jacquie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Emma!!.. I read every word!!.. So glad the fayre went well, and my biggest congratulations to you, Big Sis, on the birth of your baby brother!!! He's absolutely beautiful, and he's just the handsomest little thing in blue hat too! God bless him! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little brother looks lovely ! I loved seeing all the things at the fair.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How CUTE!!!! Congrats Emma! That was quite the weekend. I'm glad the fair went well for you! That monster keychain is super neat. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)