Saturday, 4 December 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum!
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen
Wie oft hat nicht zur weihnachtszeit
Ein Baum von dir mich hoch erfreut!
O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum!
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!


O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree
What happiness befalls me when oft
at joyous Christmas time
Your form inspires my song and rhyme.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree
What happiness befalls me
I LOVE Christmas like most of us, I love the lights, the food, the fabulous feeling that surrounds us when we snuggle up in the warmth when howling winds beat at the windows threatening with their piercing drone. I love hot chocolates, fluffy slippers, mistletoe fragrance filling my home welcoming me in with its friends cinnamon and oranges.
I love the anticipation, the excitement, the smiles on all the childrens face as they wait for 'Him' to arrive. I love the reflection of glorious sparkles of light bouncing off the windows of the coffee shop. Sitting in said coffee shop watching all the shoppers busily wishing they had done more online in advance but are braving the winds and chill for that special 'something' or the latest 'must have'!
But above and beyond I love my Christmas Tree. My Christmas tree reminds me of everything Christmas represents in our home, Love, Family, Generosity, Peace, Beauty, Peace, Sparkle and Joy. Putting up the tree means we have started our little annual Christmas adventure.
When I was a child we had so very, very little especially at Christmas, in fact Christmases were usually so dismal in our home that I can never understand why I have grown up loving it so, so much. One of the things that I will never forget was our Christmas tree for several years. It was like something off a comedy film. It was so skinny, so bare so awful that I swore when I had my own home and children we would have a beautiful, large and overflowing Christmas tree.
I love decorating the tree too, I have spent many years buying bits and bobs, collecting all the childrens little makes and this year after getting my crafty act together I look forward to adding my own little touch. Don't you just love adding all the little beauties to the green branches.

The ones that...
... don't really match but you just have to have...

...are a bit ??? Why ??? but you smile and hang...

...your Grandma gave you...

...no one could resist...

...make your heart skip every year...

...fill the spaces...

...the kids didn't follow the instructions properly...

...for them...

...for you...

...For all...

11 comments:

  1. Now that is what I call a Christmas tree!
    Gorgeous, Emma.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's BEAUTIFUL, Emma!!! This is a very good day!!!.. and I am just smiling from ear to ear! Alas, duty calls and it's time to make dinner! I can sit and just stare at mine tonight for hours!.. then, maybe I'll pop in a Christmas DVD, and of course get a little crocheting done! (0;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma , your tree looks fab , a propper family tree not out of these out of a box, everything matches , boring jobs. I've got a problem with where to put mine this year as we have another chair where it usually goes , but I'm sure I will figure something out :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tree, we're hoping to put ours up soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for popping over,I'm glad you like the Christmas message. I ticked the box about my son trying hard not to pee in the shower - but sadly Santa never mentioned it!
    I am loving yur tree, I have lots of collected decorations too - it just wouldn't be Christmas without them!
    How do you do your falling snowflake thingy -I love that too!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree, so colourful and cheery. Me too with the dismal childhood christmasses! my mum was pagan so we didn't get the same things as our friends. I think too that I go a bit overboard for my boys because of this - hubby too had terribly stingy childhood so he goes overboard on bling and lights! We are more interested in the decs than our kids are! By the way the bannister greenery has evolved over the years, you just keep adding to it but you could do it over a cupboard or window just as effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tree Em - full of memories and special things. Perfick xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks fab!!We put ours up last night, The children love looking through all the decorations before we put them on the tree, especially the ones they have made. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Emma,
    A pleasure to hear from you thank you.
    Your tree looks beautiful. It's always a special time we always think of when our children were little.
    My two are nearly 25 now. where does the time fly to? I too love all the special decorations. Always have a problem though, my room is never big enough!
    Love to you and thanks for your mail I hope you got mine back.
    Suex
    P.S.I am doing a special post soon replying back to everyone thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)