Sunday, 2 January 2011

New Year Ta-Dah

You may remember a few months ago I posted about a new project my Autumnal Blanket? Well it has been picked up and put down so many times since I first started it. I would look at it longingly whilst finishing one order after another or making pressies for others. I wanted to spend some time building up my colourful lovely. Well I have sorta finished it but I have changed it's name to the seasonal blanket. 
As I was working the colours of this big granny square my mind kept wondering to each of the seasons that the colours reminded me of::

Yellow-Summer
Browns, Pinks, Reds-Autumn
Purple-Blue-Winter

So this is why it is kinda finished. I am going to have to add a Spring and then maybe a border of colour. I am totally in love with it and it is just the right size to carry around the home and snuggle under whilst reading stories, crocheting more goodies and of course getting some game console action in hehe! 
Anyway you want to see it I'm sure...



This blanket has used 16 balls of Rowan Pure Wool DK so far, I will probably use another 10 balls on it by the end of this year. 

Blanket Love!

My first blanket just for me. I can see myself spending more time on this little beauty making it bigger as the seasons progress, but I must say I am very much in love with my new snuggle blanket and can't wait for quiet time later making other hooky things whilst it keeps me warm :)


9 comments:

  1. It really does have a snuggle factor to it Emma! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that lots of love has gone into your gorgeous blanket as well as lots of wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Emma.. Your "seasonal" blanket is coming out GORGEOUS, no matter WHAT you call it!.. Happy New Year to you and yours! Wishing you all the best... AND wishing I could have had some of all-that-stuff you poured over ice for New Years Eve!! We went out to dinner that night, I didn't feel good at ALL when we got home, and I ended up drinking weak tea for the rest of the evening! What a bummer! But I did at least see Dick Clark, and watched the ball drop at midnight.. I toasted with tea, and Dear Son with his glass of grape juice, as we wished each other Happy New Year! By the next morning I felt perfectly fine again!.. Hope you're enjoying the weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'm lOvInG iT!!!! Such luverly colours! I think the name change really suits it - that way you can keep adding to it as and when you feel like it! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Emma! Well done you!
    I hope to start one soon! Thanks for your sweet comments and Happy New year too!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Emma - It looks amazing! Yayayyayayaya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Em it looks lovely as does your new title on blog!!
    Pene x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came out lovely!!! The end of last year (funny to say since it was just a month ago) I finished my first crochet blanket. The kids can't get enough of it. Enjoy the snuggles with it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)