Sunday, 27 February 2011

To Feel a Bit Brighter

There have recently in blogland a few nasties going around and it is not nice, I am not sure quite how or why but I know I have been mentioned but this isn't something I am interested in, in the slightest. I am interested however in the prospect of losing some of my favourite blogs because of this nonsense.
A blog in my opinion is a persons space to share and enjoy memories, creations, friends and family. Yes things can get emotional and heated, I myself have got irate sometimes from goings on but I realise I like my little bloggy space and so do my friends and followers. I have made some truly lovely friends and would not want to lose them.

I am posting this video to perk up the spirits of those affected by recent events. My little Brother was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palette. He spent his entire childhood to the age of 21 in and out of hospital having operation after operation. At 21 he thought his days of looking different, spending endless days/weeks/months in hospital were behind him but then at 25 he was diagnosed with Friedreich Ataxia. My Brother despite all this remains a wonderful human being who is an inspiration to many and definitely me and my children. This is his song that represents his feelings about all that has happened and I share it with my friends to remind them that this sort of thing isn't worth the headache. Enjoy your blog and your friends and they will remain with you on your own journey.
Big Hugs
Emma xxx


7 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry that you have been upset! WTF? It must have been hard for you - I have not been aware of any goings on but would hate to lose you as a blogger!!

    I am off to check out your links! love Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annie, I haven't really been upset. The lady who is upsetting the folks in blogland isn't worth any upset of mine, I have more important things to think about. She has however lowered the moral of some of my bloggy friends which is sad. I feel really sorry for this lady who feels that to feel good about herself she has to personally attack others and I think that it is hilarious that she is so angry it has all backfired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's been happening? I heard someone else on a blog talking about nastiness but haven't any idea what she meant. Just wanna say I love your blog and you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear there are nasty goings on - I am not aware of anything but I live in a little bubble :0)

    I'm also sorry that anything has caused you upset and I hope it passes soon.

    Love this song - it's a proper anthem isn't it.

    I wouldn't get involved or influenced by stuff in any case - but I also hope you don't stop blogging because of it.

    Hugs - Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma , sorry to here you have been affected by all this nonsence. It would really be a shame if people gave up bloging because of this .
    Your brother sounds amazing , somebody who has more than their fair share of problems but is so positive ....an inspiration indeed.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things settle soon and like you say, more important things. Someone I know recently gave birth and her baby has a cleft pallette due to a syndrome. Your brother sounds like someone who we all need to know, a reminder to get on with it and basically keep calm and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Emma I am so sorry someone is upsetting you, I have no idea what is going on and haven't been aware of anything?
    I was brought up to believe that if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all, maybe a few people out there in blogland should follow that rule and stop being some nasty..
    Big hugs to you
    Pene x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)