Monday, 14 February 2011

Valentines day :)

Firstly before I begin this post I want to appologise to Jackie as I totally missed her Spring Swap post!!! If I had seen it I would have gone with an Easter Swap and joined hers! Sorry Jackie a genuine mistake I promise x 


So onto Valentines day. My first Valentine as Mrs Pearce, very exciting I must say. Unfortunately Mr P has to work this evening...lots of couples want feeding tonight! So I am sat here with my 3 bugs enjoying some game time(Well I was but then I left them to it as I am not really into wrestling like a loon!). I have to say I DO NOT think that Valentines is a pile of pants, or a commercial con. What is wrong with having a day that celebrates the most wonderful, confusing, happy, sad, overwhelming and joyous emotion we have? What is wrong with 2 people saying I LOVE YOU with a little note, a cup of tea in bed. A special meal. Taking time to simply appreciate LOVE! I LOVE my Children and include them in this celebration of our LOVE as a family. It doesn't have to cost a penny or take all day, it can be as simple as a post it note on the milk or as extravagant as champagne, oysters and the opera. Whatever it is I think it is wonderful.
 It has been quite a hectic day as little bug started playgroup today! I thought David was going to cry. Harry is going to love it though and I am hoping it brings on his speech. 

I did get some pressies today, I was right about the Cath Kidston
and do you want to know the best part about these gorgeous gifts??? They were in the sale!!!
I love a bargain and so does Mr P but when it comes to buying me gifts he seems to forget this. Examples are at Christmas you can guarantee he will get me 2 items in boots forgetting the free 3rd one! He bought me a radley purse for full price when a week later the one I really wanted was the same price in the sale!
So I doubly LOVE my gifts they are just perfect :)
I bought Mr P a pressie too but it was bloody Awful and I am not advertising it with a pic(The Expendables). NOT what I expected, but he wanted it!
We got the Bugs a little token too...
I LOVED these stories as a child and I am hoping my Children feel the same, I also hope they pick up on the morals!

Before he left Mr P made us a roast dinner mmmm and I made cupcakes this afternoon because I LOVE them. I know I am on a diet but I don't LOVE diet food like I LOVE cupcakes!
My Bugs LOVE cupcakes too

A very satisfied bunch wouldn't you agree?

I have also been crocheting away. Not as much as I would like(I suppose we would all love to just do our fave things all day every day). We have a table sale coming up in march and I am hoping to make a few pennies selling some lovelies. I have been trying new things since making my first rose and I am really enjoying all these small cute projects




How yummy hehe!

So HAPPY VALENTINES DAY Everyone
I LOVE ALL my Bloggy friends :) 
xxx


10 comments:

  1. Hey Emma, all cakes on header and that chocolate cake are from Cupcakes from the Primrose bakery book. I should have linked it. I'll do it now so pop back and looksee.
    xx
    Didn't you do well today??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cupcakes and wow - your crochet food is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am loving the crochet donut - perfect for my waistline !!

    You were spoilt - and rightly so.

    If you decide to alter the swap to an Easter one I'd still be in - coming up to my favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, your little bugs are growing like weeds! Wow! Loved your post today because it was all about the love you really do have for your family,and blogland friends. You are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day. Love the Cath Kidston presents - lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes - I second Vicki's comment - if you decide to change to an Easter swap I too would love to join in! Please don't worry about the duplication - I'm not!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog post! Loving your crochet cakes, they look great. Your real cupcakes looked like winners too ... :0)

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma, I was slightly puzzled to receive a parcel from you this morning but then absolutely thrilled when I opened it. You are so kind and thoughtful. The bag is adorable and I will use it for my beading "stuff" as I have outgrown my ck one. You really cheered me up thank you so so much
    Big Hugs
    Pene x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your crochet makes they look fab! You can't beat a bargain too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Emma! So glad to hear you had a great Valentine's Day! The cupcakes sure look good! I never did have time to bake for the big day, but I did make an awsome dinner! (a magnificent accomplishment, seeing as I've always made it clear, "I'm a baker, not a great cook".)... Anyways, I see you're having a swap. It sounds like fun, but I just can NOT afford the postage right now, and time is such a crunch these days. Some days I've just had my morning coffee, and next thing you know it's time to make dinner! Everything in between is a jam-packed and hurried blur!... Maybe I can join in on another one sometime? I hope so! Wishing you and yours a belated but very Happy Valentine's Day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)