Sunday, 1 April 2012

Happy Sunday

Hey all. Yep it is a happy Sunday. It has been an emotional week. The year anniversary of my Sweet Sisters passing on Thursday. It has flown by. What a year of extreme changes and new beginnings. I can feel her with us all the time and I know her soul is happy. She is always alive in us. The day itself wasn't too emotional. We kept it simple and just had a few very close friends over and my Brother. My Brother and I went for a pint in honour of her and I made a chilli which was her favourite :)

I have had quite a busy, hectic week so haven't really had much crafting time. I did manage to spruce up the basket I acquired the other day. It isn't very good as it was done by hand and I have absolutely no clue how it is suppose to be done... 
 Please ignore background mess, had kids everywhere when I was trying to do it all. Joys of being a Mum!

 See? Not that great but I think with a bit more practice(and time...Oh maybe some advice from anyone in blogland who knows a bit more) I might get better at it

Stoopid Iphone making things unclear. Oh well here it is with its stash inside. 

As usual I have a few projects on the go. I got the colourful yarn out again the other night to make a start on my Great-Nephews Elmer blanket.
I do love my kiddy bright blankets. Great to work on. 
As well as another Elmer blanket I have got the needles out to start click clacking a little baby snuggly. I am quite a slow knitter so it may take a while before I have a ta dah to show you all. This is what I will be spending the rest of the evening doing as well as jumping in a hot, bubbly candlelit bath...


Yes I am a little bit of a Gleek btw.
Hope you have all had a lovely weekend. See you soon
Emma xxx

4 comments:

  1. So much crafting on the go - I don't know how you keep up with it all! Your Elmer blankets are ever so cuddly and colourful.

    I'm glad you managed to have a happy day remembering your sister, her spirit will always live on in the hearts of those who love her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending big hugs to you, it must be a very emotional and difficult time for you and your family.

    I think you did very well with the basket, lovely place to keep your yarn too! Good luck with your latest projects and thanks for popping by! The yarn is really soft and such a bargain, 50p a ball from the charity shop!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job on the basket, it looks great. I'm no good at knitting, I just can't get the hang of it, though I can crochet.

    It's good to remember those that aren't with is anymore. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you Emma. That basket is great. I'd like something similar for my crochet. I hope you're doing OK. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)