Saturday, 7 April 2012

My Brother

Well Happy Easter weekend to you all. I hope you are all having a fun time. I am but I will post about that another day. Today I want to talk about a very, very special person to me. It isn't often we have a blank space where we can shout out our feelings and loves but on our little own space of internet we can and today I want to shout about my Brother.
Tomorrow is Easter. My eldest two are in Wales with their Dad, Husband is working and I am with my smallest bug alone, well not quite because I have my little Brother.
Adam is 13 months younger than me so right from the start we were close. We always fought as kids ALWAYS! I would beat him up and he would tell tales on me.
At 14 when I moved away Ad and I were separated, during this time we had our ups and downs but as we grew we grew up.
Never more than a phonecall away, My little Brother has always been there and vice versa. When Sarah died we were both broken hearted, she was our big sister and when she left there was only us two. It is a big shock when someone is gone so quickly and you realise that everyday is a gift.
Since moving up I spend at least 2 days a week with him, he spoils me rotten(and moans about it), and even though he is younger than me he takes care of me, he calms me when I am mad, soothes me when I am upset. Agrees with me when I am moaning, and laughs with me constantly. He makes me feel safe, loved and special. 
I think a sibling love can be the most special of all. It is usually there from birth, they grow with you and they know you more than anyone can because they have seen all of you forever. They see you become a Mum, Dad, Wife, Husband, they go through it with you, always in the photos, always the ones who are the rock when the world is letting you down.
I love my Brother and I wanted to spend these few minutes writing it down, SHOUTING IT OUT. Letting the world know what a proud Sister I am of my brave, kind, loving, funny as hell Brother.
I love you Ad xxxxx




1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma.

    It's so lovely to see you back. I have thought about you from time to time in the past year and wondered how you were coping.

    Fabulous post about your brother (I hope he reads it!). You are obviously really close and, you're right, the sibling bond can be so special. Particularly of course if you go through a trauma or situation together - it can really strengthen the bond.

    We had a really pants family situation to go through last year affecting my parents and, as a result, I'm closer to all three of my brothers. One of them I hadn't really spoken to for a few years out of a misguided loyalty to my parents.

    They always say if siblings fight when they're young, they'll be close when they're older. Thank god - my son and daughter squabble ALL the time!!! ;-)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Take care of yourself.

    Hx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you ALWAYs so go ahead say hello :)